DRINKING BUDDIES

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry Daiquiri

Nothing really special today but it's been so damn long since I've had a real, made from scratch, strawberry daiquiri.  Not the kind of sloppy and sugary thing you get from a machine at a second hand liquor joint, but something that is lightly alcoholic (or not) and full of fresh flavor.


Fresh Strawberry Daiquiri
½ lb Fresh Strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1oz Simple Syrup
2oz Lime Juice
4oz Cruzan Aged White Rum
1½ cups Ice
Whipped Cream and Cherry, for garnish
Whipped Lightening Passion Fruit Flavored Whipahol (optional)

Throw all ingredients into a blender and pulse for several passes until ice is chopped finely.  Then blend on high until smooth and uniform. Add garnish if desired.

Cruzan has also recently come out with a brand spanking new strawberry rum which I've recently tasted but I don't currently own a bottle so it's hard for me to make a recipe without being 100% sure it will be good.  We're going to pick it up from work tomorrow and I'll play around and let everyone know how it is but in the mean time, go get some strawberries before they become too expensive.

Bon Boire!

7 comments:

  1. Those things are so dang good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhmm delicious, glad I have most of the ingredients for one of these!

    Loving the blog, followed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want, I want... it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that looks good, i need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds like a treat. i bet my other have would love it if i mixed her up one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks damn tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like exactly what I need now. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete